A Little Bit About Us!
- January 1, 1974
Mission & Values Statement
Our mission is to provide the citizens of Marion County and its visitors with the highest quality of compassionate, timely, consistent, and equitable patient-centered care available. We recognize that each patient has individual needs and we are dedicated to caring for those needs while maintaining a constant focus on improving their overall health and striving to produce the best possible outcome for the best value.
Respect: We support the belief that all patients are different and deserve to be treated with dignity and the utmost compassion.
Integrity: We promote an atmosphere of trust, honesty, sincerity, and professional work ethic, both in the care of our patients and internally.
Compassion: We are committed to providing the highest quality of care and comfort offered by healthcare providers. We will listen to others with sensitivity and without judgement while using tact and diplomacy to resolve any conflicts.
Professionalism: We strive to maintain the highest standard of excellence in Emergency Medical Services as seen through the eyes of our patients. We will continually work towards both determining and meeting the needs of those we serve through front-line leadership, training, performance measures, community involvement, quality assurance, and progressive action in general.
- 444 square miles in Marion, plus a portion of Ralls County
- Suburban, industrial, rural and agricultural
- 28,530 (2019)
- Elected Board of Directors (6)
Calls Per Year:
- 6000 Emergency
- 200 Inter-facility Transfers
Type of Service: Emergency & Non-Emergency Ambulances
- 8 - Advanced Life Support Ambulances (4 units on duty 24 hours each day, 3 units in reserve)
Specialty Response Vehicles and Equipment
- 1 - Utility Vehicle (Kawasaki Mule)
- 1 - Training / Education Trailer
- 1 - Emergency Vehicle Operations Course trailer
- 1 -Mobile Disaster Unit
- 5- Advanced Life Support Rapid Response Vehicles
- 3 Permanent Ambulance Bases
- 1 Headquarters/Training Center
- Marion County 911 Communications Center (NECOMM)